Iliff offers four masters degrees and the DU/Iliff Joint Doctoral Program in the Study of Religion. Traditional classroom, online, and hybrid opportunities provide you with optimal flexibility. You decide whether a traditional classroom or online format works for you. View our brochures to see which degree is right for your career or goals. Take our virtual tour or plan a visit to campus.
Master’s Degrees in Theology
- Master of Arts in Social Justice and Ethics (MASJE) is a professional master’s degree that challenges students to understand, navigate, and engage diverse spiritual and religious motivations, communities, and strategies in order to create systemic social change toward more just social structures.
- Master of Divinity (MDIV) is designed primarily for you if you are seeking ordination in most ministry traditions or a career in parish ministry, chaplaincy, not-for-profit or other forms of religious leadership. Iliff’s Journey MDIV online option – a modified residency learning track – allows you to complete your degree without moving to Denver. The school’s Military Ministry Course Provider Program allows students from other seminaries to access military ministry courses without leaving their home institution.
- Master of Arts in Pastoral and Spiritual Care (MAPSC) is for you if you are interested in employment as chaplains or spiritual caregivers through religious, healthcare, or hospice organizations. For military chaplains interested in learning more about spiritual care to those experiencing post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the MAPSC for Military Chaplains is a professional degree for those already holding a MDIV. The MAPSC draws on courses across the curriculum and allows for specialization, such as a focus on PTSD. See video. If you wish to pursue licensing, Iliff offers the opportunity to work concurrently with the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver (DU) to earn a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. The school’s Military Ministry Course Provider Program allows students from other seminaries to access military ministry courses without leaving their home institution.
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS) is designed for you if you want to explore various areas of theological studies through an interdisciplinary approach. If you are pursuing doctoral studies in religion or theology, MTS might be the right degree for you.
Iliff also offers a Justice and Peace Studies Concentration within the MDIV, MAPSC and MASJE degree programs.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Religion is offered through The DU/Iliff Joint Doctoral Program in the Study of Religion.