The Ira J. Taylor Library contains the largest theological collection in the Rocky Mountain area with approximately 205,800 volumes, 60,600 microforms, and over 900 current periodical and serial subscriptions. The original library building, named for philanthropist Ira J. Taylor, was erected in 1956. The Bacon Education Center, completed in 1998, added over 15,000 square feet to the Taylor Library, as well as space for several administrative offices, including the offices of the President, Institutional Advancement, and Marketing Communications.
Main Level: The circulation desk, computer research area, reference area, and current and bound periodicals are located on the main level. Library staff offices and workrooms are on this level as well. The Jack Howard Computer Room, just south of the lobby, contains computer work stations and a networked printer. The reference office is located just off the computer room, with the reference area just south of this office. This area also contains a number of lounge chairs and tables for reading and research.
Upper Level: Books with call letters A through BQ are located on the upper level. In addition, this level houses our audiovisual collection (CDs, DVDs, videotapes, and audiotapes) and the curriculum collection, as well as the Union book collection. The upper level also includes computer stations, study carrels, lounge chairs and tables, and an incredibly distracting view of Longs Peak, Mount Evans, and Pikes Peak.
Lower Level: The lower level contains books with Library of Congress designations BR through Z, housed in moveable shelving to allow Taylor Library to make the most effective use of its space. This level also houses the Archives, Special Collections, and the microform reading room. Study carrels, lounge chairs and tables, and computer stations are also available on this level.