Books and periodical articles not owned by Taylor Library, Penrose Library, the Denver Seminary Library, or the St. John Vianney Theological Seminary Library may be borrowed for Iliff students and faculty from other libraries for limited periods of time through interlibrary loan. Ask for interlibrary loan request forms at the circulation desk or submit an electronic request through the WorldCat database in FirstSearch (link and instructions below). Library users are expected to supply complete bibliographic data about the books and the articles that they request. Requests may take up to three weeks. Library users must follow the regulations of the lending library concerning use and renewals of borrowed items. If you have additional questions about Interlibrary loan at Iliff, please contact Katie Fisher.
Use the ATLAReligion and other article databases in FirstSearch to request articles. Use the FirstSearch WorldCat database to request books, videos, and other materials.
Using WorldCat to make an Interlibrary Loan Request
- Access the FirstSearch WorldCat database. It is also available from Articles & Databases.
- In the drop-down menu next to "Jump to Advanced Search" select "WorldCat."
- Search for the item you want by title, author, or any of the other field selections in the drop-down box that says "Keyword."
- Click on the "Libraries Worldwide" link in the record of the desired item. You will see a list of libraries that own it, with Colorado libraries at the top. Make sure that none of the libraries listed in the first paragraph above are shown as having the item.
- Click on the "ILL" icon at the top left of your screen.
- Type in the information requested (only information indicated in red font is required).
- Click the "Submit" button. Your request will then be sent to the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator. All bibliographic information for the requested item (title, author, etc.) will automatically be included.
- Click on "Exit" in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- You will be contacted when the item is ready for pickup at the Circulation Desk.