Interim Dean for Academic Affairs
Director of Library and Information Services
Associate Professor of Theological Bibliography
- BA, Carleton College
- MDiv, Vanderbilt Divinity School
- MLIS, University of Denver
- PhD, University of Denver/lliff School of Theology
Debbie Creamer joined Iliff’s faculty in 2005, and has been a member of the Ira J. Taylor Library staff since 1997 where she currently serves as director. She was appointed associate dean for academic affairs in 2009.
Creamer is intrigued by diversity in learning styles and enjoys the process of creating integrative learning experiences. Her teaching and research interests also include contextual theologies, feminist theory, and intersections of religion and disability.
Creamer is co-chair and a founding member of the Religion and Disability Studies Group of the American Academy of Religion. She is the author of Disability and Christian Theology: Embodied Limits and Constructive Possibilities, a book that encourages thought in new ways about categories like ability and disability. She is a member of University Park United Methodist Church, Denver.
- Disability and Difference: Theological and Ethical Perspectives
- Faith Communities and People with Disabilities
- Feminist Theology
- Writing Skills for Theological Education