As a consideration to other patrons, please turn our cell phone ringer off when you enter the Library. Also, in order to maintain an atmosphere for study and reading, it is requested that you do not conduct cell phone conversations in the Library. Please go to a lounge or public reception area while using your phone.
Children in the Library
In light of possible injury and other liability concerns, Iliff’s policy is that children under the age of 12 may not be left unsupervised in the Library, or in any of Iliff’s lounge areas, classrooms, computer labs, hallways or other Iliff academic facilities.
The Library cannot be responsible for computer use by children and expects that children under the age of 12 will be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Because the Library supports open access to the Internet for research purposes, we cannot be responsible for intentional or inadvertent viewing of particular sites by children or other patrons.
Food & Drink
Eating and drinking are restricted in the Library because these practices can lead to the damage of library materials. Covered beverages may be brought into the reading areas, but not the computer areas.
Staff may deny library privileges to library users with unpaid fines. The Library accepts cash or checks for fines. If a user wishes to appeal a fine, a written rationale must be sent to the Library Director.
All library users, including visitors, are expected to abide by any other policies that govern the faculty, students, and staff of Iliff, including those published in the Master’s Student Handbook.
Although the Library is concerned with protecting your privacy, patrons should be aware that, under the auspices of the USA Patriot Act, library records can be subpoenaed by the federal government.
Iliff students currently enrolled in a degree program who need the use of a study carrel are welcome to use the study carrels available in both the upper and lower levels of the library. Carrels may be reserved for the academic year by following the instructions on vacant carrels or by contacting the Public Services Librarian.
Please note the following study carrel policies:
- Carrel assignments must be renewed annually, at the beginning of the fall term. Application forms will be available in the Reference Office.
- Only one carrel will be assigned to each person. Lockers are available for additional storage.
- Out of consideration for other library users, please remember that all library materials left in your carrel overnight must be checked out.
- Current and bound periodicals and reference books may not be left in carrels. Any such material found by library staff will be removed and reshelved.
- The library cannot be responsible for the security of items left in carrels.