The covenant for community is an effort to live out the vision and mission of the Iliff School of Theology and to embody the values expressed therein. As members of the Iliff community, we aspire to abide by the processes set forth in our respective handbooks (students, trustees, faculty, staff) and the principles of interaction outlined below.
As a member of the Iliff community, I covenant:
- To respect the worth and dignity of every human person, and the value of all creation.
- To commit myself to always act with integrity. To nurture my own and others’ potential. To respect divergent viewpoints in an effort to establish community. To encourage a challenging intellectual environment through the cultivation of critical reflection, curiosity, creativity, and a sense of adventure.
- To encourage openness to transformation by learning through open, honest, and respectful dialogue with one another.
- To honor the critical importance of receiving an education of enduring worth and value through The Iliff School of Theology. To hold myself accountable for my own growth, as an individual and a professional. To honor the rights of others to receive that education and to respect their personal and professional growth.
- To form a diverse community that respects and empowers one another and seeks to serve others. To strive to make Iliff a place that cultivates justice and peace in local and global contexts.
- To treat those inside and outside of the Iliff community with respect. To seek reconciliation when I offend or am offended.
- To behave in a way that supports and advances the mission of the school. To keep in mind the needs of the Iliff community and to clearly distinguish when I speak for myself and when I speak for the institution.