Below is a proposed reordering and categorization of the Iliff Core Values, as originally written, under the following four headings: Academic Engagement, Intersectional Accountability, Relational Respect, and Dynamic Spirituality.
Authenticity, Empowerment, Engagement, Honor, Integrity
- We are a learning community that engages the whole person through mind, body, and spirit.
- We value scholarship and the integration of theory and experience.
- We value our progressive theological heritage and how it finds expression in emerging forms of pedagogy and practice.
- We are an incubator for innovation.
Action, Dignity, Diversity, Empowerment, Integrity, Respect
- We value the differences in our community.
- We align ourselves with social justice, equality, and wholeness.
- We strive to take care of each other as we journey together.
Openness, Dignity, Reconciliation, Respect, Transparency
- We promote honesty and transparency and maintain healthy relationships when in tension.
- We strive to involve all affected constituents in decision-making processes.
Dignity, Respect, Spirituality
- We value the creative and inspirational nature of our work: spiritual, intellectual, and vocational.
- We celebrate theological discernment and spiritual depth.
- Our core values arise out of our United Methodist heritage.