Strategic Plan 2015-18
Iliff educates and develops leaders with courageous theological imaginations and, reflecting its United Methodist heritage and relationships, is committed to social justice, inclusiveness, and religious diversity.
We transform the world by creating new and renewed local and global communities of inclusive justice by generating critical scholarship and engaging what is sacred.
Below is a proposed reordering and categorization of the Iliff Core Values, as originally written, under the following four headings: Academic Engagement, Intersectional Accountability, Relational Respect, and Dynamic Spirituality.
Authenticity, Empowerment, Engagement, Honor, Integrity
- We are a learning community that engages the whole person through mind, body, and spirit.
- We value scholarship and the integration of theory and experience.
- We value our progressive theological heritage and how it finds expression in emerging forms of pedagogy and practice.
- We are an incubator for innovation.
Action, Dignity, Diversity, Empowerment, Integrity, Respect
- We value the differences in our community.
- We align ourselves with social justice, equality, and wholeness.
- We strive to take care of each other as we journey together.
Openness, Dignity, Reconciliation, Respect, Transparency
- We promote honesty and transparency and maintain healthy relationships when in tension.
- We strive to involve all affected constituents in decision-making processes.
Dignity, Respect, Spirituality
- We value the creative and inspirational nature of our work: spiritual, intellectual, and vocational.
- We celebrate theological discernment and spiritual depth.
- Our core values arise out of our United Methodist heritage.