The Office of Professional Formation (OPF) provides holistic preparation for leadership through praxis within Internship and CPE. The purpose of the professional formation curriculum is to cultivate the habits and practices for critical reflection, skills development, and the capacity to work across diversity and difference towards social justice and peace, including:
- Professional Formation: Developing a professional identity, along with practices and ethics in relationship to diverse others within institutions and communities.
- Personal Formation: Deepening how one understands their personality and how they relate to others in ethical, effective, and healthy ways; and intentional focus on character development and self-care.
- Spiritual Formation: Embodying one’s faith and core values through practice, including expressing respect for diverse spiritual/religious identities and traditions.
- Cultural Capacity: Analyzing one’s engagement with and assessment of diverse social and organizational cultural contexts for increased agency and efficacy working towards social justice and peace.
- Relational Capacity: Cultivating and navigating diverse personal and public relationships.
Students in the Masters of Divinity (MDiv), Master of Arts in Social Justice and Ethics (MASJE), and Master of Arts in Pastoral and Spiritual Care (MAPSC) degree programs complete the professional formation curriculum as part of their degree program requirements of Internship and CPE.
Prospective Students: Visit the the Professional (In)Formation Network to view Iliff’s community partners, potential internships, job postings, and volunteer opportunities. Learn about Career Services for Iliff students and alumns.
Community Partners: Create a login and organizational profile in the Professional (In)Formation Network to post internships, jobs, and/or volunteer opportunities for the Iliff community. Learn more about Iliff’s graduate-level Internship structures and supervisory expectations.
Current Students: Login to the Professional Formation Canvas course for resources, forms, and deadlines.