Iliff to Celebrate Renovation and Renewal, Nov. 13
October 28, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Greta Gloven
ILIFF TO CELEBRATE RENOVATION AND RENEWAL, NOV. 13
(DENVER) – The Iliff School of Theology (Iliff) will celebrate the renovation and creation of new student spaces with “Celebration! A Blessing and Renewal for the 21st Century,” Nov. 13. The day will feature an Open House, coffee for religious leaders, alumni/ae events, a dedication ceremony, dinner, and panel presentation.
“We are grateful that our donors have supported our mission by providing our students with spaces essential to foster dialogue and community building,” said Thomas V. Wolfe, president and chief executive officer. “That strong sense of sense of stewardship has resulted in the new Schlessman Student Commons, Shattuck Hall, Sissel Atrium, Grant Patio, Everding Dean’s Office, Iliff Conference Room, additional meeting rooms, and a lobby area that is welcoming to all. We thank our donors for their support and look forward to celebrating with the Iliff community, as well as its extensive network of supportive friends.”
Scheduled events for Celebration! include:
- Open House, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (featuring displays and tours)
- Religious Leaders Coffee, 8:30-10 a.m.
- Community Chapel & Alumni/ae Luncheon, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Dedication Ceremony, 5-5:30 p.m. (ribbon-cutting)
- Dedication Dinner Celebration, 5:30 p.m.
- Justice & Peace Panel Presentation: “A La Familia” (showcasing “Before God We Are Family” produced by the Human Rights Campaign)
The Iliff School of Theology is a graduate theological school related to the United Methodist Church, serving more than 38 different faith traditions. Founded in 1892, the school provides several degree programs, including a Joint Ph.D. Program with the University of Denver.