CARES ACT: HIGHER EDUCATION EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND DISCLOSURE
Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act” or the “Act”), Pub. L. No. 116-136, 134 Stat. 281 (March 27, 2020),
requires institutions receiving funds under Section 18004 of the Act to submit a report to the Secretary of Education describing the use of funds distributed
from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (“HEERF”) and it also requires the Iliff School of Theology to disclose information related to the distribution of
the CARES ACT: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund on its website.
1. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
Iliff School of Theology submitted the signed Certification and Agreement to receive the Higher Education Emergency Relief and has used 100 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Iliff School of Theology has received $187,640 in HEERF.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
As of 6/1/2021 Iliff School of Theology has awarded $73,860 to 43 students from the HEERF.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
<10 students, who completed the Iliff School of Theology CARES HEERF application, were eligible to participate under Section 484, and had expenses related to campus disruption due to COVID-19, were awarded HEERF funds.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of 6/1/2021, 43 students have received funding from the HEERF.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
Students completed an online form indicating the type of expense they incurred related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. To confirm eligibility, students were required to have a completed FAFSA on file. Students were awarded a grant based on their level of impact due to the campus closure.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Information about the distribution of HEERF grants was sent to all students registered for the spring quarter who received Title IV aid, published on the Iliff School of Theology website and shared via social media. Details can be found here: https://www.iliff.edu/sef/