March 10, 2020
Message from Iliff President Thomas Wolfe:
Dear Iliff Community,
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) continues to monitor the issues related to the impact of the Coronavirus.
This communication is to update you on Iliff’s evolving response and readiness. Iliff has received permission from its accreditors, the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the University Senate of the United Methodist Church, to provide the in-person portion of courses at Gathering Days in a synchronous online format.
In addition, this morning, the SLT updated travel and operation policies to reflect current WHO guidance.
- Out of concern for individuals and our community, official Iliff travel is canceled indefinitely as we monitor the situation.
- We discourage personal travel to a level-3 country or state. If a person travels to a level 3 country or state, then we ask them to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- If a person has any signs of symptoms, they should self-quarantine for 14 days. Contact your supervisor and there will be flexibility on our sick leave policy.
- If dependent care becomes an issue due to other forms of restriction related to Coronavirus, please contact your supervisor.
- Supervisors will work in their areas to find back-up plans for essential functions.
- If you are traveling for spring break, please check CDC COVID-19 travel guidance
- City of Denver’s website on COVID-19
- Handwashing techniques
- CDC recommendations – Prevention and Treatment
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs flyer
- CDC Guidance – Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- CDC Guidance – Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
For additional questions on monitoring your health, contact the Colorado Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 hotline at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911.