August 18, 2020
Please note that the entrance location, days, and times have been modified.
Location: Entry access into the Iliff building is limited to the Iliff Main entrance located by the information desk. All other entrances will be locked and will not allow badge access. Exiting the building can still take place at any exit point currently being used and all emergency exits are still in use for emergency purposes only.
Days/Times: Days and times for building access have been modified to Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Access to the building will be modified to help assist with disinfection and cleaning crew needs.
We are introducing the temperature checking protocol as we recognized that with the start of the new academic year, we anticipate that many of our colleagues are planning to be in their offices. The temperature check is just one of the several protocols (recommended by the CDC) that we are implementing to ensure that our workplace is safe for our colleagues.
As we value the health and safety of our community, we appreciate your support in following the temperature checking protocol (see below).
Thomas V. Wolfe
President and CEO
Iliff School of Theology
SYMPTOM CHECKING, CONTACT TRACING, AND MODIFIED BUILDING ACCESS POLICY
To reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus in our workplace and to protect our employees and all those visiting our worksite, the Iliff School of Theology (“Iliff”) is implementing temperature screening measures. In doing so, ILIFF will be following the guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our state and local agencies to ensure that all the appropriate safety and health steps are being taken during this time. Beginning on August 24, 2020, until further notice, employees entering the workplace will go through a temperature check station. As per signage on all of the entrance doors, everyone must wear a mask to enter the building.
Temperature Check Station Protocols:
• Each employee must continue to wear a mask.
• The employee should avoid wearing hats, earphones, or head coverings or drinking hot beverages 15 minutes prior to having their temperature taken, as this could provide inaccurate temperature readings.
• An employee will put on gloves provided at the station.
• An employee will be provided a thermometer to place against their forehead.
• After the employee places the thermometer against their forehead, the thermometer is cleaned by the employee and placed back on the table.
• The employee will log their temperature and other requested information into the database.
• EMPLOYEE WITH NORMAL TEMPERATURE – If the temperature is normal, the employee must wear the mask in all public and common spaces in the Iliff building. Masks are not required to be worn inside an enclosed office where only one person is present and the door is closed.
• EMPLOYEE WITH TEMPERATURE OVER 100.4 DEGREES – If an employee has a temperature over 100.4 degrees, they must immediately return home and immediately inform their supervisor of this development. The employee may work remotely, as long as they are feeling well enough to do so.
An employee going home with a fever will not be permitted to return to the building until:
- The employee has documentation from a healthcare professional confirming that the employee is negative for COVID-19; and/or
- The employee has documentation from a healthcare professional confirming the employee can return to work after symptoms have subsided; and/or
- The employee quarantines for 14 days.
Please Note: Whether the employee’s temperature is taken at work or self-monitored at home, if an employee has a temperature over 100.4 degrees, they must report symptoms to the State of Colorado here: https://symptomsupport.covid19.colorado.gov
Modified Building Access Days, Times, and Location:
Purpose of Modification
Access to the building will be modified during the need for temperature checks to help assist with disinfection and cleaning crew needs.
Modified Days and Times
The building will now be accessible Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. No building use outside these hours will be allowed without specific consent from the Pandemic Planning Committee or the Iliff Leadership Team.
Modified Entrance Location
The only entrance available during these times will be the Iliff Main entrance located by the information desk. All other entrances will be locked and will not allow badge access. Exiting the building can still take place at any exit point currently being used and all emergency
exits are still in use for emergency purposes only.