Who should pursue a Doctor of Ministry from Iliff?
Whether you are…
a pastor discerning how to address declining attendance or
a faith leader seeking new initiatives to challenge your community or
an executive director of a nonprofit organization facing unique challenges or
a denominational leader working with struggling churches or
an entrepreneur visualizing a ministry beyond church walls,
…the D.Min in Prophetic Leadership may be your next step in providing you an opportunity to learn new skills and apply your gifts to the next level!
Highlights of the Program
- Nine classes and a final research project
- Journey format (hybrid courses)
- Two intensive on-campus seminars in the first two years of the degree
- Collaborative learning through cohorts
Goals of the Program
- Engage in ethical, substantive, and culturally relevant research processes
- Develop theoretical knowledge, analytical skills, and contextual awareness that enables and advances the study and practice of leadership
- Refine competencies and self-awareness within the contexts of culturally diverse congregations, denominations, and communities of intersectional identities and institutional cultures
The first cohort of the Doctor of Ministry program – 2020
- Earned M.Div. degree or its educational equivalent accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. (Applicants who do not hold the M.Div. degree must submit evidence of their professional degree/advanced training, and experience in ministry at the time of application.)
- Three years currently serving in professional ministry following graduation from theological school.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Two letters of reference (1. Academic reference and 2. Ministry/Professional colleague)
Flexibility for your busy schedule
The D.Min program is offered through Iliff’s hybrid Journey format – an integrated cohort-based model offering a dynamic learning experience. Students meet online and on campus for short intensives during Gathering Days at Iliff. Held in Denver, Colorado, Gathering Days allows students to travel to the Iliff School of Theology campus and attend classes with their peers.
Journey is designed to enhance community building and engagement. This is accomplished through our engaging online platform, as well as through intentional community formation on campus. Courses include text discussion, blog posts, video and audio lectures, slide presentations, video conversations, live and recorded presentations, and a variety of other engaging activities. We intentionally limit the class size in online courses to ensure relationship building with other students and your instructor.
Journey to your D.Min
|Year 1 - Winter Intensive||DMin Seminar in Foundations of Prophetic Leadership||6||Hybrid Intensive|
|Year 1 - Spring||Elective||4||Any|
|Year 1 - Summer||Elective||4||Any|
|Year 1 - Fall||Research Methods & Ethics in Lived Religion / Practical Theology OR Advanced Library Research Methods (Prerequisite: 1st Year DMin Seminar)||4||Hybrid or Online|
|Year 2 - |
|DMin Seminar in Advanced Practical Theological Research||6||Hybrid Intensive|
|Year 2 - Spring||Proposal Seminar (Prerequisite: 1st Year DMin Seminar)||4||Online|
|Year 2 - Summer||Elective||4||Any|
|Year 2 - Fall||Research Methods & Ethics in Lived Religion / Practical Theology OR Advanced Library Research Methods (Prerequisite: 1st Year DMin Seminar)||4||Hybrid or Online|
|Year 3 - Winter||Elective||4||Any|
|Year 3||DMin Project (independent work with project director)|
Final Research Project
The D.Min culminates with a final research project that is designed for experienced professionals with practical experience in their ministry contexts. The project includes research related to an issue of concern and identifies theological reflection and recommendations for leadership practice. The research project should have the construction of a viable research model and the analysis of its results that connects existing theories with practice.
Individual Appointment Request FormUse the fields below to schedule a visit.
Fields marked with (*) are required.
"*" indicates required fields