Amy Erickson, Associate Professor of Hebrew Bible
- Commentary on the book of Jonah for the new series entitled Illuminations (focused on the history of interpretation) for Eerdmans
Antony Alumkal, Associate Professor of Sociology of Religion
- Paranoid Science: The Christian Right’s War on Reality was endorsed by the National Center for Science Education in November of 2017
Carrie Doehring, Clifford Baldridge Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Military moral injury: An evidence-based and intercultural approach to spiritual care. Pastoral Psychology 2018
- Empathy in the online teaching of intercultural spiritual care Pastoral Psychology. 2018
- “Evidence-based spiritually integrated care for those experiencing moral injury and moral stress.” 6th Annual Richard H. Fitzgerald Lecture in Pastoral Education. October 23, 2017. Charleston, SC.
- “Moral stress and spiritual struggles: Self-care that fosters resilience.” Delton Glebe Breakfast. October 26, 2017. Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
- “Moral Stress and Spiritual Struggles in Congregational and healthcare crises: The role of religion and chaplains.” Northwell Health Clergy Summit Meeting. November 2, 2017. Great Neck, NY.
- “Spiritually integrated care of moral injury” Clergy workshop and Evening Community Lecture for the Volunteers of America, Louisiana Branch. March 1, 2018. Baton Rouge, LA
- Co-organized a VOA sponsored day at Iliff on military moral injury, and did a plenary presentation on “Spiritual Care of Moral Injury and Stress” on March 15, 2018 at Iliff
Catherine Kelsey, Dean of the Chapel and Spiritual Formation
- Created three new spiritual life entities
- “New-Fangled Hybrid Community Event” bringing Iliffians together virtually and residentially for relationship building, creation, and support during the first week of fall term
- Established the weekly short video series “engage spiritual depth” on YouTube.
Eric C. Smith, Term Assistant Professor of the History of Christianity and New Testament Studies
- Jewish Glass and Christian Stone: A Materialist Mapping of the ‘Parting of the Ways’ (Routledge 2018)
Eunjoo Kim, Professor of Homiletics and Liturgics
- Served as president of the Academy of Homiletics
- Christian Preaching and Worship in Multicultural Contexts, Liturgical Press.
Jeffrey Mahan, Ralph E. and Norma E. Peck Professor of Religion & Communication
- Religion and Popular Culture in America, revised 3rd edition, Bruce David Forbes & Jeffrey H. Mahan, editors
- “Mediation of Culture,” presentation with David Worley, Invitational Conference on Economic Theology, Copenhagen
- Member of the Ecumenical Jury at the Berlin International Film Festival
Kristina Lizardy-Hajbi, Term Assistant Professor of Leadership and Formation
- Journal of Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry, “Nurturing Ministry Leadership for the Now and the Next: A Denominational Perspective.”
Mark George, Professor of Bible and Ancient Systems of Thought
- Taught a new course this year, “The Bible in the Digital Age,” in which he explored with students how digital technologies influence and change the ways people read, understand, use, and interact with the Bible
- Became assistant director of the DU/Iliff Joint Ph.D. in the Study of Religion this year, a position he will hold for three years before becoming the next director of the program in July, 2020
Rubén Arjona, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Theology and Care
- Invited to be part of the Editorial Board of Pastoral Psychology, “one of the oldest and most well established academic journals in the field of psychology and religion/spirituality.”