International Students

Please note that international students are only considered for fall admission. The application deadline for international students is May 31.

An international student is a non-US citizen or non-US Permanent Resident Green Card Holder. International students usually need an F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa to study in the US.

International candidates for all master’s degree programs must have received a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a college or university accredited by an agency. If your primary language is not English, you will need to demonstrate English language proficiency by having passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

All students who will be studying on an F-1 Student Visa are required to submit financial documentation. Additionally, international students may bring spouses and/or dependent children with them only if they assume all responsibility for their family’s financial support.

Applicants living outside the United States should consult denominational leaders in their home countries before applying to the Iliff School of Theology. Such leaders can provide guidance regarding special denominational requirements and optimal places of study to prepare for the distinctive ministry in their home countries. United Methodist students from outside the United States should contact their local World Communion Scholarship Committee or the General Board of Global Ministry for financial assistance.

If you have questions about the international application process, please contact  for more information. 

Check out our Degree Programs

Request Information