March 18, 2020
Dear beloved students,
I continue to hold you and your loved ones in my prayers and thoughts as we are living though this tumultuous times together.
As you see in the message from the President Tom Wolfe, Iliff’s building closure is extended to May 16th. This decision was made not only to follow Mayor Hancock’s order (cf.- the president DT said 10 people yesterday), but also to avoid any gathering of people as possible as we can.
We hear from multiple reliable sources that there might be countless number of infected people without symptoms who are moving around in the US now. This decision means that all of our residential classes will be held in virtual space in the spring. Your instructors are already working hard to redesign the course. They are also exploring ways to build synchronous times for you to interact with one another and with the instructor. Thus, please continue to hold the class times in your schedule.
To help you have great learning experiences and community building opportunities even in this changed format, I ask and offer you the following:
– Please make sure that you have an access to zoom or other media your instructor may use as well as Canvas. They will let you know if they plan to use other than zoom.
– Monthly Dean’s Cafe will happen with some creative ideas (expect some surprise in place of food) as an opportunity to check-in with you and one another. I also plan to host several student-check in sessions. Please stay tuned!
– Honors Convocation will be done virtually as well. Please keep the time, Wednesday, April 22 at 12:00 p.m. in your calendar.
– Please closely stay in touch with your advisor. Especially, for any concerns and questions you may have, do not hesitate to reach out to them. Your advisor is your advocate, and they know how to contact me immediately when and if needed.
– Above all, let us do our best to stay healthy, support one another, and keep our spirts up! Also do remember that Iliff’s webpage has up to date and relevant and important information on COVID 19. Check the page on a regular basis: https://www.iliff.edu/covid-19/
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Professor of Practical Theology